Sunday, September 05, 2004

We all live in a headphone world

The headphones on my mp3 player (no iPod for me - I'm not cool enough for that) have finally given up the ghost. As usually happens with headphones one 'bud' (I think that's the technical term for them) kept cutting out so for it to work I had to keep putting a finger in my ear in the style of Ron Burgundy - Anchorman. God I love Will Ferrell. And not in a macho blokey sort of a way - in a french kissing sort of a way*. And I want to see Dodgeball too.

Anyway, the headphones. I decided to spend a fortune on them so I went to the coolest hi-fi store (£10,000 speakers? Well worth it I'm sure you'd agree) and bought some Sennheiser Noise Reducing Headphones. For ninety quid.

Now I know what you're saying "But Ben, ninety quid for some headphones? Isn't that a little too much to spend, considering you might be moving into a new more expensive flat and have just bought a reasonably expensive laptop?" Well I say, tch money eh? I'm going to be broke this month, but I have full faith that I will be able to pay off my Visa bill this month and still have enough money for the antics and scrapes that a bounder like me gets involved with. Also, these headphones are amazing. They have this little box that they connect to and when you turn it on it cuts out most of the noise in the background. This became most useful when I was on the train today and was able to silence the 'grrrrrrrrrrrr-clunkety-clunkety-grrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRrrrrrr-clunk-clunkety-clunk-ono-ono-onomatopea-clunk' of the train's engine at once. A wise investment. ("I agree" - Martha Stewart)

Today I've been in String Of Beads ("Leeds" - Cockney Ed) stuck in a room all day learning about Strategic and Project Management. Needless to say I spent most of it trying to stay awake. And mostly failing. Oh! A spider's just crawled up to me - to set the image I'm writing this in the hall so I'm not annoying my flatmates, currently the jukebox is playing a song by Diane Cluck called Monte Carlo, I've not heard it before so I'll let you know how it goes. It peeked around the corner, saw me and then shiftily went back. It probably wanted to use the phone.

Currently I've been watching classy American shows every single day. The Sopranos, Six Feet Under, Line Of Fire and Nip/Tuck all must pass judgement under my gaze. However The OC's started again so now I can spend all my time admiring how cool Seth is. And believe me he is cool.

Michelle at work had a 21st birthday party a while back. Unfortunately due to study (at Leeds) I wasn't able to make it. I understand it was rather special. To celebrate her new-found maturity she had a bouncy castle. According to Debbie (also from work) there was a girl called Nicky who she thought I would be good with. Apparently she's really nice, is a art student (I love art students - it's the scatty dress sense) and she has red/pink hair. I'm sold.

Bye bye folks!

* This is me being ironic.
Oh and D Cluck was good. Can be found on the Antifolk Vol 1 CD

No comments: