Friday, November 17, 2006

Let's dance...

...put on your Red Shoes and dance the blues

Wozza wozza, David Bowie here. You may remember me from such films as Labyrinth, Goodbye Mr. Lawrence and Zoolandererererer. I also star in The Prestige with Scarlett Johannson who is scantily-clad as per usual.

However I don't want to talk about that. I want to talk about my latest music project.

Unfortunately it's not another project with Queen. Or a sequel to Omnicron: The Nomad Soul. No it's far worse than that. I've allowed my music to be included in Elite Beat Agents. For those of you who know Elite Beat Agents is the English translation of Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan the cheerleading game on the DS where you tap the screen in time to the music. For those of you who don't know it's the sequel to Elite where you have to conquer or 'beat' CIA Agents who play the game online.

So I've allowed Let's Dance (the last semi-popular song I released) to be used in the game. But I'm regretting it now. See they've not really used it in the right way. I'd have thought Let's Dance would best fit someone perhaps being shy and needing music to give them the confidence to get the girrrrrl.

Instead they've used the song as the backdrop for a old guy who's been kicked out by his trophy wife for running out of money. As the song goes on he gets his money back. Now, wasn't my video for Let's Dance all about how money corrupts and the aborigine girl in the Red Shoes getting all upset by the city? So my original concept for the song has been totally messed up. And the singer they got in to replace me doesn't even say Wozza Wozza.

It's not just my song either. YMCA? The song about men joining together and having a good time? It turns into a song about a sea Captain being mutinied on by his crew who cheers himself up by diving for treasure. Surely In The Navy would have been better?

Oh it's enough to make you stick a lollipop in your eye.

Cheerio & stay wozza!
David Bowie

No comments: