Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Who're ya gonna call...

...Ghostbusters!

I've been really clever and whilst I was in Manchester I bought a moleskin notepad so I can write ideas for blogging if they strike. And strike they did yesterday:

We ate at Wagamama's yesterday, which is a Japanese style fast-food restaurant that you only get in big cities like Manchester & Leeds. I ordered some Beef Chili Noodles and pointed out to Freya that they had actual chilis in there. Then I ate one. It wasn't too bad a little hot but I managed it. The food was really nice. And because it's using fresh ingredients it's much better for you than usual fast food places.

I was a bit upset though that after one go of trying to eat my noodles with chopsticks, and failing miserably, the waiter came over and asked if I wanted cutlery. Did I look that stupid eating with them? Not wanting to embarrass Freya further I accepted his offer. And it was much easier. I'm terrible with anything that involves relaxing your hands - mine just always seem tight and clawlike.

The other problem involved me eating the chilis. When we got home I had a slight problem. I won't go into any details here, but it wasn't pretty. And we had a gig to go to. With me having a very delicate stomach and Freya snuffling from a cold. Luckily we got through the gig ok (pics on flickr by the end of the day) and I realised that me and eating slices of chilis do not mix. At least they don't mix for long anyway.

No comments: