Saturday, February 10, 2007

She is one in a million...

...with lips of vermillion

So poker eh? I realised why I'm no good at it - I have no patience. On Thursday I went to a poker night with some people from work. To be honest I didn't really want to be there - I was tired and it was icy so I was nearly falling over with every step I took. I didn't want to pull out and let everyone down. So I showed up to find two people had pulled out. Grrrr.

I quite enjoyed the poker, and did some good hands but it got boring for me really quickly. I wasn't drinking (self-enforced to try & stop my migraines and unfortunately it appears to be working) and me doing the same thing for 3 hours really bores me. So when someone went all in with all the cards on the table and I had absolutely nothing I went in too. I wanted to go home and it was a small price to pay.

Work colleagues are now teasing me about how rubbish I am, but I knew that anyway. The moral of this story? Gambling is wrong. Unless I win the lottery tonight.

No comments: