Friday, November 02, 2007

NBPM2: Bloodloss

So I went to the doctors. It went as expected, apart from that because he was German he was very honest about what he could diagnose.

"Well, you feel tired, but you don't have a loss of appetite, you don't have headaches, you don't have shortness of breath or anything else I asked you about. What do you want me to do?"

I have to admit saying "I feel tired, my head feels treacly" isn't much for him to go on.

We got onto the depression thing which frankly makes me feel depressed that they keep asking me that. Do I really look that glum?

He took some blood and will be testing if I'm anaemic, diabetic or something else.

"The problem is if I take your blood and the results come back negative will you worry more that you've got something else that it didn't pick up?"

Probably. I am going through a bout of hypochondria at the moment.

No comments: