Monday, May 12, 2008

Let's all Mux up in the year 2000

During my day off where I managed to get two women fighting over cutting my hair, had a argument over what lenses to have in my glasses and ate an ice cream whilst walking along the River Ouse in the sunshine, I also completed the year 2000 for the Sweeping The Nation Muxtape Challenge.

For those of you who do know a Muxtape is an online page where you make a mixtape of up to twelve mp3s. For those of you who don't know Muxtape is what a South African calls the gaffer tape belonging to Michael.

Anyway here is the address for my muxtape:
http://uppi2000.muxtape.com/

Songs that narrowly missed qualification were:
  • Lolly - Per Sempre Amore (the only song I can think of that's about Siamese twins - I'll explain later)
  • The Soggy Bottom Boys - In Constant Sorrow (didn't really fit in with the other tracks)
  • Aqua - Cartoon Heroes (too good for this compilation)
  • Sugababes - Soul Sound (best Sugababes song ever)
  • Gorky's Zygotic Mynci - The Blue Trees (eliminated because I couldn't remember a single song from it)
  • Gomez - Getting Better (the only song I could remember from Abandoned Shopping Trolley Hotline, and it was a cover)
  • Whistler - Faith In The Morning (see Gorky's Zygotic Mynci)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I bet you wouldn't believe me but Aqua's Cartoon Heroes is on my top songs list. I'm not sure why. It's kind of oddly touching. Also, I lived in Asia, so Aqua was BIG.